The Iter Vitis France Association is composed of groups:
▪ Group 1 – Institutions covering wine-producing areas (Regional, departmental and local collectivities, consular chambers, etc.)
▪ Group 2 – Labelled “Vignobles & Découvertes” (Structure carrying the destination’s label)
▪ Group 3 – Professional wine-producing structures (inter profession, wine syndicates, associations or federation of wine-makers, etc.)
▪ Group 4 – Tourism institutions in wine-producing areas (CRT, Regional Tourism Committes ADT Tourist Development Agency, Tourist Offices, Local Tourist Offices, etc.)
▪ Group 5 – Professional tourist hosting structures responding to the Iter Vitis France certification criteria (museums, interpretation centres, private wine tourism complexes, etc.)
▪ Group 6 – European partners
Any structure representing a wine-producing region may become a member. The candidate structure must fulfil the statutory requirements and offer at least one element of wine-producing heritage which fulfils the certification criteria in order to be registered on the Cultural Itinerary of the Council of Europe. This element will carry and display the Iter Vitis certification (plaque, logos, Iter Vitis and Council of Europe should be affixed and mentioned in all documents). Independently of belonging to a member region, a public or private structure may apply for registration on the Itinerary. It follows the same procedure. The Council of Administration decides on the application and validation of membership. Applications must be sent to the Head Office of the Association. A form is provided for this. It is available on request.